The Center for High School Global Alliances is looking for families in the Murray/Sandy area to host high school age students from China from July 25 – August 8, 2013
Introduction to Hosting a Chinese Student
The Chinese students are coming to practice their English and to learn about American culture. The most effective way for these students to get this experience is by living with an American host family.
What does a host family do?
• Provide a safe, comfortable environment for a student who would live with your family for 15 days while he or
she visits Utah from July 25 – August 8, 2013.
• Provide meals* such as breakfast and dinner with your family most days and all 3 meals during the weekends.
Students will be home during the evening and on the weekends.
• Drop off and pick up students at Murray/Sandy (SLCC Miller Conference Center 9750 S 300 W, Sandy) each week day and make sure they are able to attend any other scheduled activities. During the day, the student will be attending English classes and other activities. You will receive a schedule of the student’s activities should you decide to host.
In general, you will go about your life as usual. The students are here to learn about American culture and to see how real American families live, so you don’t need to make any special changes in your life or schedule. Of course, since the students will only be in Utah for just over two weeks, and for many of them this will be their first time visiting the United States, they will be grateful to you if you plan a few family activities during their stay with you.
How can you become a host family?
1. Contact David Morgan (below) and request an application.
2. Schedule a time for a quick (5-10 minute) in-home visit by a Host Family Coordinator.
3. A Host Family Coordinator will contact you to provide you with more detailed and updated info. Keep an eye out for updated information and official schedules via email. (Occasionally an email may end up in your junk mail.)
4. If you have any questions or need more information contact our Host Family Director:
Thank you for considering this opportunity to serve and to be enriched!
*Gas and food reimbursement available upon request.
Center for High School Global Alliances email@example.com 1-801-979-9804