Thanks to the University of Utah’s Confucius Institute for providing this summary of Chinese New Year events:
- Most immediately, on Saturday, Feb. 6 at 12:15 p.m. there will be a Chinese Cultural Celebration at the City Library in downtown Salt Lake (see details below).
- On Saturday, Feb. 13 at 7:00 p.m. Cottonwood High School will host its annual Chinese New Year Cultural Performance.
- As we mentioned before, Lehi High School’s popular and well-established celebration will be held at the school on Monday, Feb. 15th at 5 p.m. Admission is $2 per person.
- And on Saturday, Feb. 27 from 4-7 p.m. Jordan High School will host a “Year of the Monkey” spring festival. Admission is $2 (see details below).
City Library in downtown Salt Lake
Lehi High’s Chinese students invite you to their 4th annual Chinese New Year Celebration on Monday, January 27th, at 6pm. Admission is 1$ per person. The event is geared toward families, with lots of activities for children of all ages. Attached is a flyer with details on the 20+ booths/activities available and the performances that will start at 7:15. Come watch a shadow puppet performance, paint your own Terracotta Warrior figurine, stamp out a zodiac animal matching game, and make water dance with a Chinese spouting bowl, to name a few. There are 7-8 new booths this year, many with a Year of the Horse theme. We will have small portions of Chinese dumplings to sample, but there will be no other food available for purchase. T-shirts will be on sale for $7.
2014 Lehi High Chinese New Year Flyer
The Chinese Society of Utah hosts a banquet every year to ring in the New Year. This year’s event has a Brazilian flair!
Chinese Society of Utah is pleased to announce that our 2014 Chinese New Year Banquet will be held on February 9, 2014 (Registration: 4:30 – 5:00p.m.) at Rodizio Grill @ Trolley Square (600S. 700E., SLC). We will still have gift drawing this year! Not only there is a Sharp 50″ TV, but there also will be some very special and meaningful memorabilia for lucky participants.
Please note that there will be limited number of seats this year. Reservation will be on first come, first serve basis.
* Please reserve your seats by 1/28. Reservation won’t be completed until paying in full within 7 days by cash/check (Please mail check to: P.O. Box 58151, SLC, UT 84158-0151).
* Reservation canceled before 1/31/2014 will receive a full refund. All no-show or cancellation after 1/31/2014 will be charged full amount.)
Chinese Society of Utah
猶他州中華聯誼會將於2月9日於 Rodizio Grill, 猶他州第一家，最老牌的巴西窰烤餐廳, 舉行2014馬年新春聯歡晚宴. 雖然近年來物價上揚頗多，中華聯誼會秉持為會員爭取更多及更好的福利，今年會員的餐劵費決定不變. 五年來維持在同樣的價格！且今年仍有大型的摸彩活動，不但特奬為 Sharp 50″ TV, 今年更準備了很有意義的抽獎品，歡迎大家踴躍報名參加 !
基於場地因素, 請儘早報名購買餐劵. 餐劵售完為止.
＊ 請於1月28日前報名。報名後, 餐劵將保留七日, 請於七日內以現金或支票(支票請寄至 P.O. Box 58151, Salt Lake City, UT 84158-0151)購買餐劵.
* 凡於2014年 1月31日前取消報名者, 可取回已繳交之餐劵費. 未於2014年 1月31日前取消報名或未出席者,將不退還餐劵費.
時間：2014年2月9日，星期日下午 4：30 — 5：00入場地點：Rodizio Grill @ Trolly Square, 600S. 700E., SLC 費用：會員$15，非會員$38 報名方式：